Become a Billabong Teenage Zoo Keeper for a Day!
Book your 13 - 17 year-old animal lovers and budding zoo keepers to experience a day in the life of a keeper here at Billabong Zoo. Our Teen Zoo Keepers will gain hands on experience as they spend the day with one of Billabong Zoo’s fun and knowledgeable keepers and get the chance to meet and interact with many of our animal ambassadors along the way.
Be sure to book early to avoid disappointment as only 8 cadets per day will have the opportunity to participate.
What to expect
- 9.00am keeper orientation
- Learn and take part in the work, training and fun of a zoo keeper
- Photo opportunities with our animal ambassadors
- Assisting in animal feeds
- Creating animal enrichment items
- Exclusive Teen Zoo Keeper shirt
Next Available Session
Monday January 22nd: [SOLD OUT]
Saturday April 20th: BOOK NOW
- Billabong Zoo's Teen Zoo Keeper For a Day program is held on set days and includes entry.
- The maximum group size of each session is 8. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Teen Zoo Keepers must be aged between 13 and 17 years of age and must be comfortable in the presence of animals.
- A consent form must be signed by a Parent or Guardian prior to the program date.
- Parents and Guardians are not able to accompany children on the day, however are welcome to purchase a ticket to explore the zoo at their own pace.
- The program runs in all weather conditions. We recommend wet weather attire on wet days.
- Billabong Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter in extreme weather conditions. A reschedule date will be offered based on availability.
- Billabong Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter for any unseen circumstances. A reschedule date will be offered based on availability.
- Teen Zoo Keepers must wear comfortable, flat and closed shoes and will be exploring the zoo for the day and should be able to walk, stand and crouch comfortably for long periods.
- Teen Zoo Keeper For a Day bookings are non-refundable. Any changes to your booking must be made at least 7 days prior to your visit date in writing.